Thursday, April 16, 2009

Doctor Rosen Rosen Remixes Eminem


For every Top 40 hit there are at least 100 remixes, but only a handful are ever worth giving a listen. Earlier this year when Britney's "Womanizer" was dominating the charts, I heard remixes left and right, but most were stale takes on the already awesome (Don't dispute this. Fact.) original. However, Doctor Rosen Rosen produced one that caught my ears- in fact, I've listened to it more than the original. DRR also produced a remix on a song I felt should never be tampered with- Department of Eagles's "1997." Of course he pulled it off though, and it's awesome.

Anyway, DRR is at it again with a remix of Eminem's latest, "We Made You." DRR's version transforms what was a tacky, carnival tune into a grimy electronic jam splattered with synth jabs and thick beats. Honestly, I hate "We Made You" (Worst lyrics of 2009. Fact.) but DRR's take is so cool and creative I can't help but love it.

Get it off zShare HERE.
To hear Doctor Rosen Rosen's other remixes, check out his MYSPACE.

No comments: