Thursday, March 26, 2009

Ashes of American Flags


With Wilco being my favorite band, I will buy pretty much anything they release. Next month, "Ashes of American Flags," the concert documentary chronicling Wilco's 2008 winter tour (including their two dates at DC's 9:30 Club that I could not go to because they were on school nights even though one was the night before a half day so it wouldn't have even mattered if I were tired. Hi, parents.).

This is the first Wilcomentary since 2002's candid, achingly beautiful "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart," which documented the making of the band's seminal masterpiece, "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot." It's directed by Brenden Canty and Christoph Green, both of whom directed Jeff Tweedy's live solo DVD, "Sunken Treasure."

The two directors will be speaking in April at the Avalon Theater as part of FilmFest DC (the film will be screening at the Avalon as well).

MORE INFO
FILM WEBSITE

TRAILER:

No comments: