Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things I Am Excited For


Things I am excited for in the coming weeks...
1) There is a good chance I'll be going to Rock the Bells!
2) My summer school health class is over (Woohoo! Now I have more time for...oh yeah, SAT review and summer reading. Ugh.)
3) Going to work at the best camp in the world in two weeks. Yes yes yes yes yes!

More about TIAEFITCW #1...
I am by no means a huge rap fan, but my god, this line-up has every group and rapper I love, besides Kanye, Lupe, and Lil Wayne (but I have already seen the first two of those three). It's got De La Soul (3 Feet High and Rising is one of my favorite summer albums ever), A Tribe Called Quest (Um, hello. "Can I Kick It"! LIVE!), Nas, Ghostface.... This list goes on. The tour even has newer artists like Wale (if you haven't yet, you must download his Mixtape About Nothing. Too lazy to link...go Google it), Kid Sister (who did a sweet song with Kanye), Santogold (whose album is in very heavy rotation at the moment), The Cool Kids ("a new black version of the Beastie Boys"), and much much much more!! Goodness gracious I better go to this.

More about TIAEFITCW #2...
Ok, my health class is over which is awesome because now I don't have to get up early and sit in a classroom til 1 every day. Unfortunately, I have SAT review and summer reading. Summer reading is mostly fine, since the books don't suck, but I have to annotate them, which bites and makes the reading so much more grueling and tedious.


I am currently listening to my massive Summer Shuffle. Yesterday I went on a long bike ride. This weekend I was in NYC which was quite fun. I saw the Mamma Mia movie, which means that I now have every ABBA song simultaneously stuck in my head. It was charming at first, but now I'm just feeling suicidal. I watched Batman Begins last night to get in the mood to see the Dark Knight later this week. Can't wait!

No comments: