Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day!


I know Valentine's Day was yesterday, but here are some great love songs anyway!

"Strange Powers" by Magnetic Fields
I think this song has some of my favorite lyrics ever. The Shins cover is also great.


"You Are The Best Thing" by Ray LaMontagne
I've been a Ray fan since his first (AMAZING) album, Trouble. This song, from his most recent album, Gossip In The Grain, is a horn-filled soul jam.


"I Want You" by Bob Dylan
One of my favorite Dylan songs! For all I know, this could all be a political metaphor that's way over my head, but I'd rather just take it as a simple love song and leave it at that.


"I'm In Love With A Girl" by Big Star
Perfect...but unfortunately I can't find it on YouTube!


"Let My Love Open the Door" by Pete Townshend
This is probably one of the happiest songs ever.



That's it for now. Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: