Saturday, July 05, 2008

Cheese Muffins

I've been on a baking kick lately. A few days ago I made cupcakes from scratch, and today I made Monterey Jack muffins. When we got our new kitchen last month we also got speakers installed, so I am now able to bake and listen to music simultaneously! Muffin Recipe, Muffin Mixtape, and muffin pictures below! :)

Recipe for Monterey Jack Muffins
Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 beaten egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup cooking oil
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease one muffin tin (should hold 12 muffins) and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cheese. Make a well in the dry ingredient mixture.
  2. In another mixing bowl, combine egg, milk, and oil. Pour egg mixture into the dry mixture. Mix until moistened. Do not mix too much, or the dough will be too tough!
  3. Spoon batter into muffin tin. Each muffin cup should be about 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Let cool for 5 minutes and eat warm.
This recipe is super easy and the muffins were pretty good, if I do say so myself. I adapted the recipe from one I found in a Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. Including baking time, it took about 35 minutes.

Muffin Mix
  1. Stay Positive- The Hold Steady
  2. Two Halves- My Morning Jacket
  3. You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb- Spoon
  4. The Sons of Cain- Ted Leo
  5. Eraser- No Age
  6. Sequestered in Memphis- The Hold Steady
  7. Alex Chilton- The Replacements
  8. I'm Amazed- My Morning Jacket
  9. Constructive Summer- The Hold Steady
  10. Sheila Take a Bow- The Smiths
  11. A Little Bit of Feel Good- Jamie Lidell
The mix was just thrown together before I started baking. It's basically a blend of good songs off the albums that have been in heavy rotation over the past few days (Stay Positive, Evil Urges, Pleased to Meet Me...). No order, but it is about 35 minutes which is the time it takes to make the muffins! Woohoo!

Muffin pictures!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dope....Muffins

We Should Link


www.mintsavvy.com